Thursday, September 30, 2010

Ma'am, Sir Henry Has Arrived

"Ma'am, Sir Henry has arrived." "Why thank you Jeeves..." Henry has finally arrived. After his long, cross-state trip, Henry has finally made his way to our house. I took a lot of pictures and have learned one major thing:

My camera does NOT like working at night. It has a horrible time focusing. Working Man will probably buy me a new one because he got annoyed too. *Happy Dance* Ah, probably not. After all, how often do I shoot at night?...never.

Anyway, Henry. He arrived, safe and sound. He got one scrape on his butt (bum?) from the trip but (bum? Oh no, that really is supposed to be but) a little antiseptic ointment (Henry was NOT amused) and all was well. Better pictures will come tomorrow, but these are a start. See above for why there are not more/better photos.

And like a kid at Christmas, I couldn't wait to unwrap my gift, I just HAD to ride him. I was going to just jump on him bareback but Working Man, ever the protective one, insisted on saddling him..."just in case". I indulge him so (and I love it so...he'd never let anyone/anything hurt me).

Oh right, pictures.

068-2
The ears!!!

069-2
His eye, no joke, as big as my palm...seriously.

072
Poor boy was hungry! How is a 1600 pound mule to survive?!

076-2
Biiiiig boy. Haven't measured his height/weight yet. Maybe tomorrow.

086
He's big...and lumbering...I even said I was ready to get on my elephant now. He is that big...ok, maybe a little exaggeration on my part...but I think it's allowed here.

092-2
And you still think "elephant" was going too far?...That's what I thought.

096-2
I can speak for Working Man...and probably Henry too...neither of them were inebriated at the time this photo was taken. Just tired. It's been a long day for us all.

Time to collapse into bed with Working Man.

FFR

No comments:

Post a Comment