Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Weekly Baby Update: Week 6

Today begins week 6. This is the week the majority of books/websites say starts the morning sickness. I've been fortunate not to experience it this morning. Here's to hoping it will never happen. My mom didn't have any morning sickness so I think my chances are pretty decent.

Today, baby is the size of a lentil but the head to bum measurement is only the size of the head of a nail. That's itty bitty! Last week, baby's heart started beating, now it's beating about 80 beats per minute. This week, eyes and ears are starting to form. The jaw and nose are also beginning to form along with the cheeks I can't wait to pinch. Chubby cheeks! Organ-wise, we've got kidneys, liver, and lungs developing. It's amazing how something so small is developing so much already!

Side effects, I'm still constantly tired, I can still smell everything (a fact I'm still not enjoying most of the time, who knew the world smelled so bad?), and I'm still emotional. On the positive side, my trips to the bathroom are not quite as often as they were. For new side effects, my lips are more red it seems to me, possibly more blood flow. This is nice because it looks like I have lipstick...but I don't actually have to wear any. Which I never do anyway, but that's besides the point. Nothing else that I've noticed which is great!

pregnancy week by week


Until next week,
FFR

No comments:

Post a Comment